Pioneering the future of sustainability in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi’s Masdar initiative reinforces the UAE’s leadership role in the global energy sector whilst also supporting the diversification of the economy and sources of energy for the benefit of future generations. Its aim is to make Abu Dhabi the benchmark for knowledge and collaboration in the advancement of renewable energy, clean technologies and sustainable development.
• Deploying commercially viable clean energy projects both in the UAE and internationally
• Being active in more than 25 countries
• Developing some of the world’s largest solar and wind energy projects
• Building the world’s first low-carbon city
• Pioneering sustainable real estate
• Advancing clean-tech innovation
• Delivering world-class industry and knowledge platforms
Masdar clean energy
Masdar has more than a decade of experience as a renewable energy developer and investor. It invests in and contributes to innovative global projects including large, utility-scale renewable energy power plants, community grid projects and individual solar power home systems.
One of the largest developers of off-grid renewable energy in the world with more than 100 MW of projects now on stream, Masdar has invested in renewable energy projects with a combined value of US$12.5 billion.
Masdar City aspires to be the world’s most sustainable urban community, a place where sustainability is a way of life. A low-carbon development, the city is a rapidly growing clean-tech cluster, business free zone and residential neighbourhood – with shops, restaurants and green open spaces.
It is pioneering sustainable urban development by applying real-world solutions in energy, water, waste management and mobility. Home to more than 610 local and international companies, Masdar City is a strategic base from which businesses can explore investment opportunities, both inside and outside the UAE.
The capital of the UAE has it all
Abu Dhabi has everything – and more – you need to take your event to the next level. Offering the very latest in modern amenities and infrastructure, luxurious hotels and excellent transport links, complemented by an Arabian experience like no other – hundreds of years of tradition, fascinating cultural sites and the promise of adventure in the tranquillity of the rolling dunes.
All this with complete, government-backed, end-to-end event support.
And to enhance your business event, the emirate offers unique extra-curricular potential.
It is a truly extraordinary destination; a place where respect for the past informs the present and shapes the future. A diverse landscape boasts deserts and mountains, fabulous beaches and warm, clear waters, desert islands and oases, an ancient heritage city and a modern, cosmopolitan metropolis. Historic buildings sit beside thrilling headline attractions, and engaging tours complement a packed calendar of world-class events covering the arts, culture, sports and entertainment.
• Introduce your delegates to centuries of culture – at Qasr Al Hosn, Louvre Abu Dhabi and Qasr Al Watan
• Strike out on a team adventure – on Sir Bani Yas Island, in the Empty Quarter or on Jebel Hafit
• Tantalise your group’s tastebuds – at a multitude of world-class restaurants and hotels
• Team-build in the tranquillity of the desert – at the award-winning Qasr Al Sarab or at Zaya Nurai island
• Entertain and thrill your participants – on Yas Island with exciting circuit driving experiences and theme parks
• Be supported every step of the way – access the comprehensive Advantage Abu Dhabi event support programme
For further information: dctabudhabi.ae
Published Date: 05/11/2019