Nobody will be left behind as AEO launches Keep in Touch Portal
The Association of Event Organisers (AEO) has launched the Keep in Touch Portal to stay connected with out-of-work event professionals.
This portal was spearheaded by Alison Willis and James McGough, chair and vice‐chair of the AEO Talent Working Group, with the aim of keeping those who were made redundant by the COVID-19 pandemic, in contact with the AEO.
“It’s all about the people, is a mantra that runs through AEO, its numerous working groups and the wider industry, and it’s heartbreaking to see so many friends and colleagues, through no fault of their own, being made redundant,” Chris Skeith, chief executive officer of AEO said.
We have supported numerous individuals, and groups since the pandemic hit, and we hope this new portal is a useful signpost for help and support to all, so we can welcome them back, informed, inspired and ready for work.”
The portal includes:
- Access to heads up, a mental health toolkit.
- Discounts with the Virtual Events Institute and the Ops Nest for event professionals looking to upskill.
- Operations toolkits, including risk assessment templates and venue safety questionnaires.
- A jobs board to support members looking to recruit or events professionals in their job search.
- AEO has partnered with The Hub Jobs to provide current AEO member companies with a discount to post jobs and access the CV library.
- Access to the New Model Army initiative to help event professionals whose jobs have been made redundant due to COVID‐19, by providing a “one‐stop‐shop” of services.
You can find out more about the Keep in Touch portal and sign up for it here: aeo.org.uk/keepintouch
Published Date: 12/04/2021