Meetings Industry Association reveals miaList 2020 Team shortlist
The Meetings Industry Association (mia) has announced the shortlist for the miaList 2020 Team award.
As part of the miaList awards, the Team award is designed to recognise those who “collectively go above and beyond, play a pivotal role in making their organisation’s success and champion the business meetings and events industry.”
The teams in with a chance of being awarded the title are:
- 10-11 Carlton House Terrace’s – events team
- Custard Communications’ – entire team
- Hotel Football’s hotel team ICC Belfast’s – entire team
- Madingley Hall, University of Cambridge’s hall operations team Lancashire Cricket’s – operations team
- Oddity Events & Marketing’s – entire team
- Venues of Excellence’s Paje Consultancy Pembroke College’s – catering team
- QEII Centre’s – sales team
- The Wellbeing Farm’s – team wellbeing
- University of St Andrews’ – accommodation, conferences and events team
- Venue Cymru’s – technical team
The shortlist was announced following a virtual judging round where two members of each shortlisted team present to judges how they fulfilled the criteria for the award. This year, shortlisted teams had to prove they were innovative, adaptable and able to overcome challenges such as COVID-19, while collaborating with other departments. They also had to acknowledge everyone’s involvement.
The Team category is now open to a weighted online public vote which can be accessed here.
Two team titles will be included on the mia’s 2020 roll of honour, alongside 10 individual awards that will be revealed at a virtual ceremony on 8 December.
Jane Longhurst, chief executive of the mia, said: “Once again we are delighted to be unveiling such an impressive shortlist from the high-calibre entries that we received – especially when the sector has been time poor while combatting operational issues. Collaborative working has always been vital to any organisation’s success but, during a turbulent time, it has been absolutely humbling to see how each of the team has united, adapted and gone above and beyond and ultimately taken teamwork to the next level. Our December ceremony will be a wonderful chance for us all to come together to celebrate the exceptional and committed talent we have working in our sector.”
Published Date: 10/11/2020