CHS Group launches CHS Meetings & Events Industry Week
The CHS Group, in partnership with the wider West Midlands meetings and events industry, has launched a celebratory week for event professionals.
The week coincides with the inaugural CHS Birmingham Show (26th October), and will be made up of satellite networking, educational and entertainment sessions across the region.
With CHS Birmingham taking place at the ICC Birmingham on day two of the week, many event professionals from across the country will be together in the city for the first time for more than a year.
“We’ve really started to see Birmingham as the spiritual home of the UK events industry, so it’s a fitting place for this, its official ‘return to work’ week,” said Emma Cartmell, founder & CEO of CHS Group. “This city not only has one of the longest histories of events activities, but it’s also got a great future in front of it. The timing is ideal now for us to not only launch a new show, but also create a festival of activity for our great industry.”
CHS is once again collaborating with ICC Birmingham as part of the week long itinerary, and also bringing together the industry’s key trade associations.
The theme of the week will be to celebrate:
• The very best of UK events
• The reuniting and re-emergence of the meetings and events industry and the hundreds of thousands of professionals who work within it
• That our £70 billion industry is back in business and set to once again be one of the engines of the national economic recovery
• The industry’s special heritage in Birmingham and the city’s own exciting future for events including the 2022 Commonwealth Games
• The tireless work of the industry’s trade associations and the many other commercial collaborations
“We’re so grateful to the work done by so many industry associations and bodies over the last 18 months, and we wanted to give them a platform to come together in a more positive environment,” added Cartmell. “We’re grateful for their support and look forward to seeing them and their members in Birmingham in the autumn.”
Published Date: 08/07/2021