Olympia London to reopen with ‘robust plan of measures’
Olympia London is set to reopen for events in October, beginning with a series of hybrid events including B2B event, The Meetings Show and consumer event, The Baby Show.
Olympia London’s managing director, Nigel Nathan said: “It’s exciting to be gearing up to host sensational events with sensible measures. For over 134 years, Olympia London, along with our fellow venues around the UK, have been vital to the building and rebuilding of trade for the UK so we continue to lobby for more specific recognition of our industry’s challenges and to get support to help us through these uniquely difficult times.”
After working with its event organisers and industry’s bodies, Olympia London shared its robust plan of measures in alignment with the ‘AEV’s All Secure Standard’ which the Government has recognised as the official guidance to run events.
The enhanced safety measures include social distancing, hand sanitisers, helpful signage, the use of PPE, Covid-19 cleaning policy, changes to catering and car parking.
Olympia London is also working with each event organiser for upcoming shows to ensure the needs of each audience is met with additional safety and reassurance measures.
Olympia London has also announced it will be undergoing a £1 billion transformation project, funded by its owners Yoo Capital and Deutsche Finance.
The project will transform Olympia London into a global events, cultural and entertainment district while maintaining its heritage.
The project includes:
- Two new hotels, proving both boutique and high-end options for guests wishing to extend their stay
- A four-screen arthouse cinema
- Two new major artistic venues incorporating a 1,000-seat performing arts space and a 1,500 seat theatre
- 10,000sqft of performance and rehearsal space free for local charities to use
- A new jazz-club style restaurant and venue Office space designed for creatives and media companies
- 2.5 acres of pedestrianised public space, including squares, streets and a sky garden
- New cafés, restaurants and retail
Published Date: 07/09/2020