Event Manager - Contract | 20hrs Per Week
Berkshire, South East
£ 20,000 to 30,000
Company: Live Recruitment
Phone: 0121 234 7788
Your chance to join a well-respected association, working on a wide calendar of events. This is a contract role (20 hours per week) starting in February and finishing in September. The salary on offer is £27,000 pro-rata.
This association provide a variety of educational and accreditation programmes, holding a number of public and professional events across the year to give advice and information based around their sector.
The events agenda is an important part of their work and they are now looking for an Event Manager to oversee the arrangement and delivery of their national meeting's programme (currently virtual) as well as other meetings and events on behalf of the society.
Working within the events team on a portfolio of events - conferences, meeting etc. the role of the Event Manager will be varied and will include:
- Acting as a central point of contact for all events related enquiries
- Managing event budgets
- Negotiating and approving contracts
- Taking bookings for all events
- Working with internal team members to market events and meetings
- Updating the company website to promote the events programme
- Managing and maintaining relationships with speakers, members and volunteers
- Attending regular meeting status updates
- Reporting on finances and providing insight into the meetings programme
- Ensuring that all company standards are maintained and adhered to
- Post-event evaluation including data entry and analysis
To be considered for this position candidates will need to have experience of full event management for conferences / meetings, preferably within an association or charity organisation. Excellent organisation and communication skills are essential, as well as a broad understanding of the event sector and the ability to work on your own initiative.
Live specialises in all disciplines (and at all levels) across marketing, creative and events. If this position isn't quite what you're looking for please visit www.live-recruitment.co.uk to view all of the opportunities we are recruiting.
To be part of this great company please click below to apply!
Copyright ©2019 Northstar Travel Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 100 Lighting Way Secaucus, NJ 07094-3626 USA | Telephone: (201) 902-2000