Director, Content And Programming
Rest of World
£ 70,000 +
Company: Liz Sinclair
Phone: 020 7299 2960
A prestigious organization in the financial sector seeks a Director of Content and Programming to lead the development of major conference programming, panel development and content preparation for a range of high-profile conferences as well as selected seminars and peer-to-peer forums. The Director of Content and Programming will also be responsible for working to simultaneously program upcoming events and actively seek out the most innovative and compelling program speakers under the direction of the VP, Head of Content and Programming.
The Director of Content and Programming will work closely with the company's leadership team to program content around key policy, macroeconomic and operational issues and engage with the companies' stakeholders and sponsors on various topics. The Director will also work with the Vice President of Content and Programming and with the Vice President of Conferences & Events, as well as members of the executive team on all aspects of event programming, thought leadership and partner sponsorship.
- Lead content and programming initiatives for selected conferences, seminars and peer to peer forums. Develop and execute marketing strategy for each of the individual conferences with specific revenue targets.
- Conduct speaker recruitment and develop relevant, high impact and innovative program content and relevant research.
- Support and build sponsorship of major conferences with an eye toward integrating content and sponsorship where applicable.
- Support leadership in seeking out global and multi-event partnerships to increase revenue for the organization. Build and manage advisory boards for major conferences in the U.S. and EU.
- Support engagement with the community and audience development for conferences.
- Manage content development and panel preparation for all conference panel participants as well as keynote speakers.
- Lead research for panel and seminar ideas and outlines.
- Write and collaborate on all content for event advertisements, online marketing and social media outreach.
- Manage on-site speaker engagement, speaker registration and panel logistics at each event.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in finance, business, journalism, or a related discipline is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of programming, marketing and/ or communications experience, preferably within the financial services or private sector.
- Experience developing and executing programming for events focused on the financial services space.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest communication channels and trends (social media, interactive portals, etc.) and tactics for effective use of each.
- Self-starter who can build strong working relations with colleagues, MFA members, and external partners.
- Superior research, writing, editing, and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with tact and ability to creatively solve problems using excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to excel under pressure and implement last-minute details and changes confidently.
Copyright ©2022 All rights reserved. Northstar Travel Media Ltd, The Epworth, 25 City Road, London EC1Y 1AA, United Kingdom