A recent ABPCO survey of 350 association conference attendees highlighted that networking, social interaction and meeting people is the key driver for attending in-person.
In this episode of M&IT Talks, M&IT editor Paul Harvey takes a closer look at the results of the survey with Heather Lishman, ABPCO association director, and Cath Newhall-Caiger of Bramcote International, who carried out the survey.
The key findings from the survey include:
• 93 per cent of respondents miss networking, social interaction and meeting people.
• 47 per cent of respondents are happy to attend ‘in person’ events, this rises to 75 per cent if the individual is fully vaccinated.
• 34 per cent of respondents want to see additional measures in place at their conference.
• 71 per cent of respondents want flexible cancellation terms for registration fees if unable to attend due to Covid.
• 32 per cent of respondents will travel to the next conference by car, 43 per cent by train, 20 per cent by plane.
M&IT editor Paul Harvey is a journalist with more than 15 years of experience. He began his career in the local press, working for various titles across the north. Since joining M&IT in 2013, he has become a trusted and respected voice in the sector, championing event professionals and reporting on all aspects of the events industry for the brand.