Beam, the trade association for the business events, accommodation, and meetings industry, has added six more members to its board.
The board of 12 will support the association’s new broader membership and focus.
Sian Sayward, beam governance director said: “To remain relevant, sustainable and to become industry-leading, we have expanded and strengthened our leadership board to support our growing membership and partners, which come from more diverse areas of our industry. Our new board will ensure that our voice as an industry is louder, and our future is stronger.”
The new board directors include:
- Louisa Watson, director of marketing at Wyboston Lakes Resort, who has been appointed as beam’s director of sustainability.
- Ryan Doyle, group sales director of Switch Hospitality Management, will become membership director – suppliers.
- There are two new directors for people and talent: Carla Garman, director of Abstract Events, will take on this role on the agency side and Rachael Naylor, account manager, Travel Partners at IHG, will represent suppliers.
- The two new industry relations directors who will serve as the primary faces of the association to attract and retain members are Jamie Ades, senior account manager of conferences and events at ExCeL London, and Craig Bingham, business development sales director at Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
- Callum McLean, director of business partnerships at Agiito will take on a new role as beam’s commercial director.
These new roles are in addition to the existing board which includes Julie Shorrock as membership director, Des Mclaughlin as content director, Beckie Towle as marketing director, Sian Sayward as governance director, and Simon Richards as treasurer.
A desire to travel led Holly Patrick to the business meetings and events world and she’s never looked back. Holly takes a particular interest in event sustainability and creating a diverse and inclusive industry. When she’s not working, she can be found rolling skating along Brighton seafront listening to an eclectic playlist, featuring the likes of Patti Smith, Sean Paul, and Arooj Aftab.